CAN Based Wireless Transceivers
The WIC-2400 wireless transceiver by Magnetek connects CAN-based devices without the need for wires. The 2.4GHz frequency is powerful enough to travel up to 2,500 ft with dependable control and fast performance. The WIC-2400 transmits and receives (transceiver) all CAN messages present on the CAN-BUS network. These units are designed to work with most mobile hydraulic equipment and are typically installed without the need of a programming change. The basic system comes with one server module, a client module and all necessary hardware.
The WIC-2400 can be designed to meet the needs of almost any application. PRC provides innovative, cost-effective, customer engineered products complete with hydraulic interface control for the mobile market. Our staff of engineers allows us to design equipment to the customer specifications. This will reduce internal engineering, improve time to market, and enhance equipment performance. Many packages include the following:
- I/O modules supporting different types of machine sensors and valves
- LED graphic display optional
- Custom Programming as the valve or sensor requires
- NEMA 4, stainless steel, and explosion proof enclosures available.
- Pre-Wired Cables with valve connectors of choice.
- Supports Bosch 2.0b Can network including J1939, CAN Open, Device Net, Parker ICP and more.
The Wireless Transceiver is Easy to Install
The WIC 2400 can be installed easily by following the below steps:
- Cut CAN cable
- Connect CAN Cable ends to WIC 2400
- Power the WIC-2400 with 12-48VDC
CAN BUS Control on Multiple Platforms
- Response time of 20 milliseconds
- Point to point or point to multipoint applications
- More efficient than cables over joints and long runs.
- Voltage operation range of 12VDC-48VDC
- Communicates up to 2,500 ft
- Reduces need for extra wire harnesses
- NEMA 4 – IP67, sealed to withstand harsh environments.
- Increases safety for machines that require isolation from high voltages
- FHSS Frequency hopping spread spectrum allows for reliable use in a crowded RF area.
Typical Applications include:
- Communication to mobile machinery
- Providing data feedback from excavator self powered attachments
- Transmitting data feedback from sensors to CAN gauges.
- Isolating controls for utility truck safety
PRC Radios provides wireless transceivers to Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Tennessee, Nebraska, Kentucky, Iowa, Arkansas and Oklahoma.